Published Spetember 26, 2013 by Accendo Press
Source: E-copy for blog tour
New Adult Contemporary Romance
**Due to content, this book is not suitable for readers under the age of 18.**
Carmyn Rafferty witnessed the aftermath of her mother’s affair. She learned at a young age not to trust anyone. Especially not your spouse. So she’s planned. She’s planned every detail of her life: who her husband will be, what their careers will be, what their lives will be like. All to avoid the pain of infidelity.
Dallas Brown lives according to his own terms. He doesn’t do relationships, he doesn’t care what anyone thinks of him, and he doesn’t live up to anyone’s expectations.
When Carmyn’s fiancé cheats on her, it sends her into a whirlwind of one-night stands with the most infamous player on campus. She can’t seem to stay away from this tough guy and his dangerous motorcycle. Everything about him is the complete opposite of who she’d planned to fall in love with: tattoos, dark stubble along his jawline, and hair that brushes his shoulders.
As Dallas and Carmyn begin to fall deeper and deeper into each other, they learn that love can truly be a wicked, wicked thing.
I have read a whole bunch of NA titles recently. This one left me…..
All of you that know me well, know that my favorite, favorite book of all time is what?????
That’s right Beautiful Disaster. Well this book was not exactly like it, but, there were some similarities and I LOVED IT!!!!!
Camryn’s boyfriend was a real tool and she has had a troubled past. When he cheats on her, she goes into a downward spiral, locks herself in her room for days, stops eating and pretty much just sleeps her life away. It is up to her BFF to get her ass up and moving. And that is exactly what she did!!! She decides that she just needs some fun and has a one night stand…or so she thought!
Dallas loves women and he is very honest with them when he tells them that he doesn’t do relationships. Camryn is all for that, but why does that bother him so much and what is it about this girl who gets under his skin?
I loved both characters. Camryn is a planner all the way. She basically had her whole life mapped out. Dallas is a player and he knows it. He drives a Harley that only fits one. He could never imagine wanting to take a girl on his bike. He never thought that he could ever fall for one woman.
Their love is a little messy and not at all gushy. I love when that happens because when the gushy part comes, it makes me swoon even more. AND, I can’t forget the reference to Dirty Dancing! Can I say la swoon?
Typical Angeline, she creates these swoony characters and makes you fall in love with them. Now, I am left wondering which types of books I like better that she has written? Paranormal or NA? Well, I guess she will just have to keep writing more so that I can decide??? Angeline!!! Keep ’em comin!!!
Ten Random Facts About Angeline Kace
1) My feet are my favorite body part. I’m 5’7” and my feet are shoes size 7. I just think they’re cute and litte.
2) I have 3 dogs. A mini Schnauzer, a pit bull, and a Cane Corso (Italian Mastiff). So from 3 pounds to 90 pounds. And the Schnaizer is the queen of all the dogs.
3) I have never broken a bone before. But I have had a concussion. I was sledding on a pool floaty and hit a tree. I was in 6th grade.
4) I sucked my thumb until the 4th grade. Never at school or anything, but just at home, while chilling. It was very relaxing. And my teeth never got jacked up like people always say happens when you suck your thumb. That must be a myth.
5) I can fold my tongue in the shape of a clover.
6) I have my bachelors in accounting.
7) I was a major tomboy when I was younger.
8) I once snuck like 5 lizards in a fanny pack with me on a plane. When the plane landed, I only had on left in the pocket.
9) I have a healthy basketball card collection. I collected the cards when I was younger in my tomboy phase. I bet I have a few of them that are worth some good money now. I actually had Michael Jordan’s rookie card, but I drew on it. Yeah, young and stupid. Thought putting a star on the ones I thought were good was a cool thing to do.
10)I love tomatoes. Home grown ones. I can eat POUNDS of them at a time.
Angeline is a Scorpio living in the Rocky Mountains with her husband and dogs. She loves all things paranormal, believes ghosts are real, werewolves aren’t, and vampires? Definitely real! At least in the Vampire Born world they are. She is currently at work on her first New Adult Romance, Wicked Thing, which releases September 2013.
One lucky winner will receive a WICKED THING charm bracelet with 6 charms. They will also receive a Dirty Dancing blu-ray and some candy. This contest is international.
Fill out the rafflecopter form:
Follow the rest of the tour HERE!