Angel Fever by LA Weatherly
Published November 26, 2013 by Candlewick Press
Source: From publisher in exchange of an honest review.
As half-angel Willow strives to save the world from her parasitic otherworldly kin, romance and tension heat up to a climactic finale. In the devastated remains of the world, millions of people live in “refugee” camps provided by the angels who have all but enslaved humanity. As this angelic stranglehold tightens, Willow and Alex are recruiting and training new Angel Killers while struggling to hold ground on the celestial battlefield. But Willow continues to have feelings for Seb, and her love and resolve are tested as a shattering revelation sends Alex on a separate journey. Now that the final battle versus the angels is about to begin-and the fate of the world hangs in the balance-each of them must face the consequences of their own choices. Will love endure? Will the human race survive?
This was a beautiful ending to a fantastic series!
I have been following this series from the very beginning and due to the unusual nature of the storyline, I was absolutely taken by the first book. I mean come on whoever heard of bad angels?
I loved that this story about angels was so unique and different when everyone else was writing about these wonderful and loving angel beings.
The third book was slow to start in my opinion but, has a lot that happens! Get the tissues ready because you may shed a few tears over this one. We get to see a whole other side of Willow that I never would have imagined existed. AND, I loved her!
I was never a big fan of Seb, but, I started to really love him in this last book. He has a lot to figure out and is really trying to get over Willow.
Alex, oh sweet Alex! Alex kind of shocked me by the things that he does in this book and it gave me a sense that the most important thing in his life is defeating the angels. Even over Willow!
All in all, I thought it was a fantastic climatic ending to one of my favorite trilogies!
If you are a fan of the first two books, then you NEED to pick this one up also!!!
This was the playlist I made for myself as I was writing Fever. I listened to it non-stop. Once you’ve read the book, you can probably tell which story incident each song refers to!
1. Angels: Within Temptation, The Silent Force
2. Let’s Get Lost: Beck & Bat For Lashes, Twilight Saga: Eclipse
3. Beautiful Disaster: Kelly Clarkson, Thankful
4. 28 Days Later – In the House – In a Heartbeat: London Music Works, 100 Greatest Film Themes – Take 2
5. Wherever You Will Go: The Calling, Camino Palmero
6. It’s So Hard to Say Goodbye to Yesterday: Boyz II Men, Legacy – The Greatest Hits Collection
7. Echo: Jason Walker, Midnight Starlight
8. Time is Running Out: Muse, Absolution
9. Thistle and Weeds: Mumford & Sons, Sigh No More
10. Evil Angel: Rufus Wainwright, Poses
11. One: Faith Hill, Cry
12. Angel (Radio Edit): Massive Attack, Singles Collection
13. I Should Go: Levi Kreis, One of the Ones
14. Unintended: Muse, Showbiz
15. Endlessly: Muse, Absolution
16. It’s the End of the World as We Know It: REM, The Best of REM
L. A. Weatherly is the author of the bestselling Angel series, as well as almost 50 other books for children and teenagers. She’s originally from Little Rock, Arkansas, and lives in Hampshire, England with her husband. Her books have been translated into over 10 different languages.
Click on the rafflecopter code to enter:
Purchase Angel Fever