I am so excited to be a part of this tour!!!
First Published October 12, 1957
I really have never actually sat down and read this book! Can you believe it??? Nope! Not until the day I received it in the mail for this tour! Now though, I understand why so many people are fascinated with the Grinch:0
I really enjoyed the story of Mr. Grinch trying his best to take Christmas away from the residents of Whoville. His crazy antics of even stealing the food left me with quite a few giggles! BUT, my favorite character of the book has got to be little Cindy-Lou Who. She is just so little and cute!
I also enjoyed the whole lesson behind the book that Christmas is to be more than just presents and food. The fact that in the end, Mr. Grinch ended up celebrating himself was a wonderful ending to this fantastic children’s tale!
About Dr. Seuss
Theodor “Seuss” Geisel is one of the most beloved children’s book authors of all time. His long list of awards includes Caldecott Honors for McElligot’s Pool, If I Ran the Zoo, and Bartholomew and the Oobleck, the Pulitzer Prize, and eight honorary doctorates. Works based on his original stories have won three Oscars, three Emmys, three Grammys and a Peabody. Geisel wrote and illustrated 45 books during his lifetime, and his books have sold more than 650 million copies worldwide. Though Theodor Geisel died on September 24, 1991, Dr. Seuss lives on, inspiring generations of children of all ages to explore the joys of reading. For more information about Dr. Seuss and his works, visit Seussville.com.
About What Pet Should I Get?
In the Fall of 2013, an original manuscript with accompanying sketches by Dr. Seuss, aka Ted Geisel, was discovered in the La Jolla, California home of the late beloved children’s author. That complete manuscript was for the picture book,
WHAT PET SHOULD I GET?, and will be published by Random House Children’s Books on July 28, 2015. It is the first original new Dr. Seuss book since the publication of the last book of Dr. Seuss’s career, Oh, the Places You’ll Go! in 1990. WHAT PET SHOULD I GET? captures the excitement of a classic childhood moment—choosing a pet—and features the brother and sister characters that Dr. Seuss drew in One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish.
Follow the Tour!!
- And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street, 1937 – The Young Folks.com
- The 500 Hats of Bartholomew Cubbins, 1938 – Bookish Antics
- The Seven Lady Godivas, 1939 – The Eater of Books
- The King’s Stilts, 1939 – On Starships and Dragonwings
- Horton Hatches the Egg, 1940 – The Book Cellar
- McElligot’s Pool, 1947 – Media Mikes
- Thidwick the Big-Hearted Moose, 1948 –Mommie of 2
- Bartholomew and the Oobleck, 1949 – Nonperfect Parenting
- If I Ran the Zoo, 1950 – Live to Read
- Scrambled Eggs Super! 1953 – Word Spelunking
- Horton Hears a Who! 1954 – Bookiemoji
- On Beyond Zebra! 1955 – Jessabella Reads
- If I Ran the Circus, 1956 – Book Hounds
- The Cat in the Hat, 1957 – The Bookbag
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas! 1957 – Nightly Reading
- The Cat in the Hat Comes Back, 1958 – Winter Haven Books
- Yertle the Turtle and Other Stories, 1958 – Alice Marvels
- Happy Birthday to You! 1959 – Chapter by Chapter
- Green Eggs and Ham, 1960 – Poland Bananas
- One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish, 1960 – Once Upon a Twilight
- The Sneetches and Other Stories, 1961 – The Mod Podge Bookshelf
- Dr. Seuss’s Sleep Book, 1962 – Good Books and Good Wine
- Dr. Seuss’s ABC, 1963 – The Irish Banana
- Hop on Pop, 1963 – Mundie Moms
- Fox in Socks, 1965 – Page Turners
- I Had Trouble in Getting to Solla Sollew, 1965 – Book Rock Betty
- The Cat in the Hat Songbook, 1967 – Giveaway Train
- The Foot Book, 1968 – I Am A Reader
- I Can Lick 30 Tigers Today! And Other Stories, 1969 – Cuddlebuggery
- I Can Draw It Myself, 1970 – The Children’s Book Review
- Mr. Brown Can Moo! Can You? 1970 – Curling Up with a Good Book
- The Lorax, 1971 – Elizziebooks
- Marvin K. Mooney Will You Please Go Now! 1972 – Reading with ABC
- Did I Ever Tell You How Lucky You Are? 1973 – Me, Myshelf, and I
- The Shape of Me and Other Stuff, 1973 – Paperback Princess
- There’s a Wocket in My Pocket! 1974 – Presenting Lenore
- Oh, the Thinks You Can Think! 1975 – YA Books Central
- The Cat’s Quizzer, 1976 – Lille Punkin’
- I Can Read with My Eyes Shut! 1978 – Confessions Of A Vi3tbabe
- Oh Say Can You Say? 1979 – Ex Libris
- Hunches in Bunches, 1982 – No BS Book Reviews
- The Butter Battle Book, 1984 – Novel Novice
- You’re Only Old Once! 1986 – Dad of Divas
- Oh, the Places You’ll Go! 1990 – Jesse the Reader
Thanks to Random House Children’s Books for the review copy and inviting me on this awesome tour!!